Saturday, 1 March 2014

Topic 1


TOPIC ONE – INVESTIGATING eBUSINESS
Activity 1
Task 1
Definitions:
eBusiness – a company that does all or most of its transactions through the internet.
E-commerce – commercial transactions conducted through the internet.
Australian Business Number (ABN) – a unique business identifier issued by the Australian Business register.
Business plan – a business plan is a formal statement of a set of goals for the business.
Entrepreneur – a person who sets up a business, taking risks financially in hope of success and profit.
Calculated risk – is a finance and economics blog.
Marketing slogan – short, memorable group of words advertising a business.
Mission statement – a formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization or individual.
S.W.O.T Analysis – a study undertaken by an organization to identify its internal strengths and weaknesses.
Target Market – group of customers the business has aimed it at.
 
Task 2 –
What’s e-commerce & eBusiness?
1.  Things that are related to finance to commence an online business are products for people to buy and the company to make a profit. Most people need ta loan from the bank as many wouldn’t have enough money to start, so money is loaned and repaid later.
2.  Marketing a business takes time and skills. Two things needed for an online business would be creating a website, for easy access and browsing for customers. Here they can inquire look and buy products. Slogan and logos need to be clever and well designed and thought out, to attract viewers and something that is easy to visualise and remembered.
Task 3 –
Part 1
Online trading research task:
Part 2
This business sells cookie with over 20 varieties of flavours and other products. They make birthday cake, brownies and all sorts of things. Their target audience is all ages as they have certain products aimed at certain age groups. It would be most popular with 13-30 year olds. This company in not wholly Australian as it is an American website and is made there too.
Dissh is a women’s clothing company. They sell modern all sorts of clothing for women, ranging from skirts, pants, tops and dresses with lots of varieties of patterns. They aim there clothing range at 20-35 year old females. It is an Australians company however some clothes are brought from overseas.
Products sold at ephamarcy and for all genders. They sell a wide variety of products for your skin, hair and bottle as well as daily needs. It sells suitable items for all ages. It is an Australian website.
webjet doesn’t sell products it sells flight, hotels and accommodation packages for when you travel. It compares all flights or hotels for the customer to find the most suitable one. It is aimed for all genders 18+. It is an Australian company.
The Chocolate box sells all sorts of chocolate products including: bars, slices and cakes. It is mainly aimed at 20+ of both genders. It sells things for certain occasions to attract more buyers. Not all products are made in Australia but it is an Australian company.
 
Activity 2
Task 1
Group Task


T-shirts
Chocolates
Cakes
Cookies
Tea
Shorts
Clothes
Soaps
Homewares
Creams
Scrunchies
Bracelets
Body wash
Pencil cases’
Pens
Ribbons
Note book range
Anklets
Earrings


 

 

Task 2

Individual task

Three business ideas

BRACLETS- They is popular with younger & teen age groups. They are easy to make and in bulk too. String and beads are cheap and if many are sold a reasonable profit can be made. They’re also light and easy to send in the post.

KITCHEN HOMEWARES – Cooking is something I enjoy, I thought of involving this hobby to making a business making aprons, tea towels, places mats and napkins. A range of things for the kitchen, involving what I love. This would be popular with all age groups. I could make them with all different patterns to suit age, gender and occasions. They wouldn’t be trouble posting either.

 

SCRUCHIES – scrunchies used to be popular and are coming back in. They are cheap and easy to make. You can make lots of patterns to suit particular need as well as school colours to wear to school and they are easy to post as they are small and light.

 

Individual task, no.2

KITCHEN HOMEWARES – Interests me, how much? This business idea interests me a lot as I love food and cooking. It’s a good idea as I repeats to what I love but isn’t perishable like food. Experience? I have little experience in sewing so I would have to spend some time teaching myself. Simple to set up? It will take some time learning to sew and a new skill set but once I get the hang of it I think it will be fun! Any names? I haven’t thought of any name ideas at the moment. Future of the business? Yes I can imagine this business running in years to come.

 

Individual task, no.3

Reasons for your final decision?

FINAL eBusiness decision? My final decision is to go with the kitchen home wares business idea. Why? Because it interests me and it’s what I love, I think it will be fun learning new skills. It isn’t something common and it isn’t just suitable for my age group. Two advantages? Creativity – it’s an interesting idea and is not that common and I can create amazing design and use awesome pattern that may be a success. Tim e – ill spend a lot of time getting my products at a high standard. Things ill need – material, Time, money, designs, ribbon, buttons, sewing machine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment